Tuesday 17 June 2014

Video Self Portrait

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbP8QES16mQ



This is my video self-portrait. My plan was to use my casts to show aspects of myself. With my two cats I was able to show different things. I also used my cats because they’re important to me and I love them, so that showed a part of who I was. I wanted to show some interest but my cats wouldn’t cooperate. I used some of that footage to show my disobedience.

I used 2-5 second video clips to keep it interesting and keep moving the video along. I mostly used full shots of my cats to keep the audience at a distance. I chose a quote that showed my love of cats. I chose to show the words on screen because I wanted the audience to read something, because I’m a bookworm. The music was quiet because I wanted the video to be calm and peaceful.


With the black cat I showed the more calm side of me: quiet, reserved, lazy, unproductive and disobedient. With my other cat I showed aggressiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment