Tuesday 22 January 2013

Howling Wolf Logo





My company is a gaming graphics company called Howling Game Graphics. The style I represented in my logo is simple but clean. The personalities are power, smart and aggressive. The power and smarts ties in with the wolf. I thought the wolf howling would give it a “I’m in control” kind of look. Wolfs are known for being smart, because they howl at a full moon, which means they can communicate across the world. Wolfs are pack animals, and pack animals help each other out. This can represent loyalty, and good communication among everyone. 

            I think the combined logo is the best, the picture logo looks a little plain but the type logo adds some detail into it. I think I like the combination best because the simplicity and the detailed words fit well together. The grey scale logos look old fashioned, that’s why I don’t love them. With the grey scale picture logo it looks like a regular wolf, and I didn’t want to be seen as ‘regular’.

            The line type is straight and curvy. I think the colors bring a cool feeling to my logo. I kept the ear grey because I wanted it to look slightly realistic. I think I created the feelings of power with the was the wolf head is stable, a big base. The lines along the mouth and jaw are curvy because the nose needed a rustic feel.

            I think my combined logo in color works best because it looks organized and you can see what animal it is, which is good because wolfs can represent smart.  It meets all the criteria because it is a animal, it’s a tracing from a picture and it has a feel to it.

            I like my logo because of the way its positioned and the  colors.

           
  

No comments:

Post a Comment