Tuesday 22 January 2013

Digital Surrealism


Digital surrealism assignment

My concept started very simple until I added in a few more details. I used about five photos but I repeated one of the photos many times. My concept is love burns with cold hearts.
I showed my concept by using an ice heart for the main background (cold hearts) and put fire around the outside of it because fire usually burns. The love in the concept comes form the marriage ring and the two faceless people.  Since roses mean love I turned them grey because that would either mean dying love, or something along those lines and I needed the roses to show love, even though its dying love. The ring is another symbol of love.

It didn’t come out exactly as planned; it came out pretty close though. I think its better this way. My photo shows surrealism because the heart and the fire blend. If there was fire the heart would be melting, but its not.

I think the best part of this is the heart; it was a photo of construction paper. Then in photo shop I filtered it using ‘plastic wrap’. It looks very icy and because of the editing the edges are a little rough and sketchy, this makes it look like it was carved out.

The girl was not the best thing. Around her heard it’s very uneven and around her braids there’s a little shadow. I like the way she looks with a filter on. It looks better then the original photo.

I think I should have put the ring on top of the roses, but I like how the roses drape over it.

Overall I think the picture looks good and shows my concept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment